The great objective of the various actions carried out by the International Women's Day has been to demystify that feminism is the opposite of machismo, realizing that it is actually a "social movement that seeks equality and respect between men and women."
For this reason, men and women of Moratalla helmet and pedanias lived last Sunday an intense day of coexistence.
The first activity of the day was a guided tour of the center of Moratalla to know its monuments and most emblematic corners.
After the visit, a dinner-debate took place where in a relaxed way feminist views were shared, reflections, wishes and commitments were launched to fight for equality.
To finish the day, the Trieta Theater hosted different groups and associations that carry out a great social work for and for equality by building together a plea for equality:
- Men have the right to care without being singled out.
- Education is the way.
- Overcome prejudices and fears, run with joy.
- Boys and girls of the world play with dolls.
- We pedal because we are free, we pedal for the visibility ...
- We are not willing to wait seventy years to achieve equality.
Why do it in 2087 when we can do it now.
- We are born free and we have to keep fighting to remain so ...
- If they touch one, they touch us all.
Long live the struggle of women.
- If we want a different world we need people who are not indifferent to inequality.
After the interventions of the different groups and associations, we closed the act "Feminism does not bite" with two groups of men and women who since their beginnings have taken into account equality and social justice in their songs, the Chirigota de Beniaján and The Chochonis.
Our special thanks to the workers of the Day Center, the Band of Music of Moratalla, Club Filippedes, AMPA of Colegio Juana Rodríguez, Club Ciclista Moratalla, IES students Pedro García Aguilera and Paco " The Carpenter "as the voice of the elders.
Thank you for raising awareness and expressing your commitment to equality.
Source: Ayuntamiento de Moratalla